Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Picture someone looking at you like you were not only insane... but stupid as well...

I love to work with the horses and having horses that like to prance about looking good would make one think of all the opportunities there are out in society to show them off.

We ventured out to a parade the other day.  I love driving my horses and they like to get dressed
up and do their thing, so it seemed like a good idea. 

Only a few instances of minor distress came up.  When I pulled into the staging site, I parked beside another float being prepared by a group of ladies.

Of course, our big girl is always a hit in public, not only for her size but her nearly white coat.  There were a lot of people coming over and wanting to pet her.  No problem except for the coating of fragrance most of them were doused in.  I can handle small inhalations, but one instance a lady came
around the end of the horse trailer and the reek came before her.  She was about to say something when I had to cut her off.  I was trapped with my hands full, standing on a bench holding the heavy harness up and warned her politely but firmly that I was very allergic to her perfume and she needed to back away...  Had I told her I had contagious LICE, her look couldn't have been any more precious.  It could have melted me, but she left.

First chance I got, I moved the ENTIRE rig.  Truck, trailer and thank Heaven, my husband took hold of the horse so I didn't have to drag her along on the 100 yard move away from the perfumes loaded next to us.

Once moving and lit up, we had a wonderful time.  If only people wouldn't be so negative in their reactions to the people around them who tell them they stink... nicely, of course.  Well, moving along with the wagon, at least the fragrances passed fairly quickly and there were no heavy moments of distress.  It was good to get out. 

As it turns out, the young lady riding with me has discovered she is reacting to fragrances as well, and not in a good way.  It is so sad because MCS never gets better, only worse.  She is only 22 years old!  You will never tell me that this isn't an every day, ever growing problem.

If only I could get out with the horse and wagon more often.  So many people would benefit by seeing or riding in the wagon with us.  In an UNFRAGRANCED society, we would be out all the time in lots of parades and events!



No comments:

Post a Comment