Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

When you look your doctor in the eye and ask...

"I've been following a blog about MCS.  Multiple Chemical Sensitivity.  Why haven't you ever told me that the toxins in fragrance can be quite toxic to my body?  Why didn't you tell me that my asthma, my COPD, my stress, my colitis, my.... could be closely linked to the chemicals that manufacturers put in their products with fragrances?"

If the doctor hesitates AT ALL, consider them about to give you a solid link of horse poop and I don't mean the kind you can use on your garden.  I have learned the hard way that finding one who doesn't think you are an idiot and totally ignorant about how your own body is feeling is about as "rare as hens' teeth," to quote a VERY old saying.

When, IF they tell you as MANY have told me, that they can't tell people not to wear fragrance or use fragranced products or clean with fragranced chemical products, they are TAKING THE EASY WAY OUT.  They, once again, DO NOT CARE WHETHER YOU are SUFFERING or anyone else around you is suffering.  They care, bottom line, about the MONEY.

There are many, many, many hospitals and other health CARE facilities who put their patients FIRST.  Over and ABOVE the simplistic mind set of "backing off" or "sitting on the fence".

Several here, in links for YOUR information to pass on to YOUR lazy doctor.  Tell - NO - DEMAND they get off the fence and start treating with prevention, NOT with reaction;

Here are several Healthcare facility links, out of MANY that have strong FRAGRANCE FREE POLICIES in place at this time for both their staff AND their patients/visitors;
 
Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston
I QUOTE FROM THIS WEBSITE LINK,
Fragrance-controlled policies mock the wisdom of the doctors who "get it" for they are the ones who tell their patients: Avoid fragrances. One can buy and use one's own products that are free of petrochemical-derived fragrances, but we all are subjected to the chemicals used by others. We are secondhand users. We are ignored. Just check the increased rates of "unexplained" asthma for a starter. If we were listened to, I'd hazzard a guess that doctors would start telling their patients to not only avoid fragrances, but strive to get their workplace, school, healthcare facility, etc. to look for safer alternatives. And the doctors would carry that message forward too. "
 
 
 
WEBSITE QUOTE: "Fragrance-free ZonePlease be aware that Harrison has a no-scent policy. This applies to perfume, cologne, and flowers. When sending or bringing flowers to a patient, ask the florist to suggest less fragrant selections."
 
 
FRAGRANCE FREE IS
THE WAY TO BE
 

No comments:

Post a Comment